Apr 22, 2016
Welcome! My guest today is
Carolyn Daitch, Ph. D, author, and psychologist. She has written
several books, including Anxiety Disorders: The Go-To
Guide for Clients and Therapists, The Affect
Regulation Toolbox: Practical and Effective Hypnotic
Interventions for the Over-Reactive Client, Anxious in Love,
and The Road to Calm Workbook: Life-Changing Tools to Stop
Runaway Emotions. Carolyn is the director of the Center for
the Treatment of Anxiety Disorders in Michigan. You might have
guessed that our topic today is Anxiety. Join us!
What you’ll hear in this
- Carolyn’s work includes lots of
writing, teaching, and therapy. She explains.
- Her focus on anxiety work began
early in her career, when she ended up seeing a lot of clients with
anxiety and panic attacks.
- At this point, she began
assembling a toolbox of resources.
- Carolyn explains reactivity and
affect disregulation, how they are basically the inability to
- These disorders cause too much
of a reaction for some, when a small stimulus seems like a “tidal
wave” for them.
- Carolyn goes through the process
of her Stress Inoculation. Tune in to learn more!
- Even therapists need to make a
commitment to calm!
- Carolyn discusses how to “reset”
when triggered, and how to use her Stress Regulation
- Her STOP solution is a four-step
process; she explains its components.
- Her latest book includes a CD of
her techniques and an app that can be downloaded.
- Each of Carolyn’s books has a
section about the hardest part: following through with what
Find Carolyn Daitch’s books on