Mar 25, 2016
Welcome! My guest today is Dr. Jonice Webb, a clinical
psychologist and blogger for Psych Central. She’s the author of the
book, Running on Empty: Overcome Your Childhood Emotional
Neglect. We’ll delve into this topic and its impact in our
society today. Join us!
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- The definition of Childhood Emotional Neglect: a parent’s
failure to respond enough to the child’s emotional needs
- This condition is different from physical neglect and
- In her private practice, Dr. Jonice kept seeing patients with
the same patterns.
- She has identified 12 different types of parenting styles that
lead to Childhood Emotional Neglect.
- Children of CEN end up treating their children with the same
patterns of behaviors, and no one really knows what’s wrong.
- Dr. Jonice has developed a questionnaire, designed for adults,
to determine if you’ve been affected by this condition.
- Her book gives examples of what happens to a child with
- How to heal from CEN?
- Fully recognize and accept that CEN happened.
- Welcome back and get in touch with walled-off emotions.
- Dr. Webb wants to put together training for CEU’s for
therapists who want to work on this specialty, but first, she wants
to complete a research project to compile results.
- She is working on making a page on her website listing mental
health providers who can work with people on CEN.
- Contact Dr. Webb at www.emotionalneglect.com or
email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sign up for her
newsletter on her website and check out her blog at Psych